By Somnath Paul
This ebook analyzes power and reliability as significant demanding situations confronted by way of designers of computing frameworks within the nanometer know-how regime. The authors describe the prevailing recommendations to handle those demanding situations after which demonstrate a brand new reconfigurable computing platform, which leverages high-density nanoscale reminiscence for either info garage and computation to maximise the energy-efficiency and reliability. The power and reliability merits of this new paradigm are illustrated and the layout demanding situations are mentioned. a variety of and software program elements of this interesting computing paradigm are defined, relatively with admire to hardware-software co-designed frameworks, the place the unit should be reconfigured to imitate different software habit. eventually, the energy-efficiency of the paradigm defined is in comparison with different, famous reconfigurable computing platforms.
Read or Download Computing with Memory for Energy-Efficient Robust Systems PDF
Similar computing books
IPv6 necessities, moment version offers a succinct, in-depth travel of all of the new positive aspects and features in IPv6. It publications you thru every thing you want to comprehend to start, together with the right way to configure IPv6 on hosts and routers and which purposes at present help IPv6. the hot IPv6 protocols deals prolonged handle area, scalability, better help for protection, real-time site visitors help, and auto-configuration in order that even a beginner consumer can attach a computer to the net. aimed toward approach and community directors, engineers, community designers, and IT managers, this ebook may help , plan for, layout, and combine IPv6 into your present IPv4 infrastructure.
Beginning with a brief heritage of IPv6, writer Silvia Hagen offers an outline of latest performance and discusses why we want IPv6. Hagen additionally stocks exhaustive discussions of the hot IPv6 header structure and Extension Headers, IPv6 handle and ICMPv6 message structure, defense, QoS, Mobility and, final yet no longer least, bargains a brief begin consultant for various working structures. IPv6 necessities, moment variation additionally covers:
* In-depth technical advisor to IPv6
* Mechanisms and Case reports that convey the way to combine IPv6 into your community with out interruption of IPv4 companies
* Routing protocols and higher layer protocols
* safety in IPv6: options and standards. contains the IPSEC framework and safeguard components to be had for authentication and encryption
* caliber of carrier: covers the weather on hand for QoS in IPv6 and the way they are often applied
* exact dialogue of DHCPv6 and cellular IPv6
* dialogue of migration rate and company case
* Getting begun on diverse working structures: solar Solaris, Linux, BSD, home windows XP, and Cisco routers
Whether you're able to commence enforcing IPv6 this present day or are making plans your approach for the long run, IPv6 necessities, moment version will give you the stable beginning you must get started.
"Silvia's examine IPv6 is often clean as she interprets complicated expertise good points into enterprise drivers and real end-user merits to permit construction new company recommendations in line with finish to finish versions. " Latif Ladid, President IPv6 discussion board, Chair european IPv6 job strength
Master the Android cellular improvement platform
Build compelling Java-based cellular functions utilizing the Android SDK and the Eclipse open-source software program improvement platform. Android: A Programmer's advisor exhibits you, step by step, tips on how to obtain and manage all the important instruments, construct and music dynamic Android courses, and debug your effects. realize tips to supply net and chat services, have interaction with the telephone dialer and GPS units, and entry the most recent Google prone. You'll additionally how you can create customized content material companies and database-enable your purposes utilizing SQLite.
* set up and configure Java, Eclipse, and Android plugin
* Create Android tasks from the Eclipse UI or command line
* combine web pages, pictures, galleries, and sounds
* installation menus, development bars, and auto-complete functions
* set off activities utilizing Android Intents, Filters, and Receivers
* enforce GPS, Google Maps, Google Earth, and GTalk
* construct interactive SQLite databases, calendars, and notepads
* try purposes utilizing the Android Emulator and Debug Bridge
This ebook constitutes the court cases of the sixth foreign convention on dispensed Computing and net know-how, ICDCIT 2010, held in Bhubaneswar, India, in February 2010. The 26 papers offered involves 12 lengthy papers, nine brief papers and five prolonged abstracts. They have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from ninety one submissions.
This ebook constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the foreign convention on structure of Computing platforms, ARCS 2002, held in Karlsruhe, Germany, in April 2002. The 18 revised complete papers provided have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from forty two submissions. The papers are prepared in topical sections on context-aware structures, approach points, networking, processor structure, and middleware and verification.
- Entertainment Computing - ICEC 2008: 7th International Conference, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, September 25-27, 2008. Proceedings
- Advances in Computing and Communications: First International Conference, ACC 2011, Kochi, India, July 22-24, 2011. Proceedings, Part II
- High Performance Computing for Computer Graphics and Visualisation: Proceedings of the International Workshop on High Performance Computing for Computer Graphics and Visualisation, Swansea 3–4 July 1995
- High-Performance Computing for Structural Mechanics and Earthquake/Tsunami Engineering
- Multimodal Neuroimaging Computing for the Characterization of Neurodegenerative Disorders
Additional resources for Computing with Memory for Energy-Efficient Robust Systems
Brunelli, F. Garzia, J. Nurmi, “A coarse-grain reconfigurable architecture for multimedia applications featuring subword computation capabilities”. J. Real Time Image Process. 3(1), 21–32 (2006) 14. [Online], “The Kress ALU Array”. html 15. R. D. Smith, “A High-Performance Microarchitecture with HardwareProgrammable Functional Units”, in Intl. Symp. on Microarchitecture, 1994 16. T. Miyamori, K. Olukotun, “REMARC: Reconfigurable Multimedia Array Coprocessor”, in Intl. Symp. on FPGAs, 1998 17. D.
3 Challenges in Reconfigurable Hardware Design As technology scales reconfigurable systems are confronted by a number of challenges at all levels of design abstraction, namely, circuit, architecture and software. The common challenges which applies to all three are (i) minimizing the power for reconfigurable frameworks, (ii) improving the performance of the reconfigurable framework and (iii) tolerate defects. Here we try to summarize the solutions which have been proposed to address these challenges.
IEEE Trans. Comput. Aided Des. Integrat. Circ. Syst. 19(11), 1268–1281 (2000) 5. S. Trimberger, “Scheduling Designs into a Time-Multiplexed FPGA”, in Intl. Symp. on FPGAs, 1998 6. D. M. Lewis, “Time-Multiplexed FPGA Architecture for Logic Evaluation”, in Custom Integrated Circuits Conference, 1995 7. A. Dehon, “DPGA Utilization and Application”, in Intl. Symp. on FPGAs, 1996 8. G. Wu, J. Land, Y. Chang, “Generic ILP-based approaches for time-multiplexed FPGA partitioning”. IEEE Trans. Comput. Aided Des.