By John Jaeger, N. G. Cook, Robert Zimmerman
Largely considered as the main authoritative and accomplished ebook in its box, the fourth variation of basics of Rock Mechanics contains new and considerably up-to-date chapters to this hugely praised textual content.
- Extensively up to date all through, this re-creation comprises considerably extended chapters on poroelasticity, wave propogation, and subsurface stresses
- Features solely new chapters on rock fractures and micromechanical versions of rock behaviour
- Discusses basic techniques similar to rigidity and pressure
- Offers an intensive creation to the topic sooner than expertly delving right into a primary, self-contained dialogue of particular themes
- Unavailable for a few years, now again via renowned call for.
An teacher handbook CD-ROM for this name is offered. Please touch our greater schooling staff at HigherEducation@wiley.com for additional info.
вЂњWith this realization to aspect, and rigorous adherence to readability and exactness in description, this variation will consolidate the status completed by way of the sooner variations as a such a lot authoritative and entire ebook in its box. it's going to proceed to function a number one reference paintings for geoscientists attracted to structural geology, tectonics and petrophysics in addition to for civil, mining and petroleum engineers.вЂќ (Petroleum Geoscience)
"...I ponder this publication to be a useful reference for learning and figuring out the basic technological know-how on the base of rock mechanics. i think this to be a must have textbook and that i strongly suggest it to somebody, scholar or expert, drawn to the subject." ( Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering)
"An very good booklet, rather well offered, and is a needs to for the cabinets of significant engineers and scientists lively or drawn to the fields of rock mechanics and rock engineering.... hugely recommended." ( South African Geographical magazine , 2008)