By Casey Reas, Nick Montfort, Ian Bogost, John Bell, Patsy Baudoin, Jeremy Douglass, Mark C. Marino, Michael Mateas, Mark Sample, Noah Vawter
Filenote: epub made from retail azw3 utilizing onlne-convert
A unmarried line of code bargains the way to comprehend the cultural context of computing.
This booklet takes a unmarried line of code--the super concise simple software for the Commodore sixty four inscribed within the title--and makes use of it aa a lens wherein to think about the phenomenon of artistic computing and how desktop courses exist in tradition.
The authors of this collaboratively written publication deal with code now not as simply useful yet as a text--in the case of 10 PRINT, a textual content that seemed in lots of assorted revealed sources--that yields a narrative approximately its making, its function, its assumptions, and extra. they think about randomness and regularity in computing and paintings, the maze in tradition, the preferred easy programming language, and the hugely influential Commodore sixty four machine.
Read Online or Download 10 PRINT CHR$(205.5+RND(1)); : GOTO 10 PDF
Similar computing books
IPv6 necessities, moment variation presents a succinct, in-depth journey of the entire new good points and services in IPv6. It publications you thru every thing you must comprehend to start, together with tips to configure IPv6 on hosts and routers and which functions at the moment help IPv6. the hot IPv6 protocols deals prolonged tackle area, scalability, better aid for safety, real-time site visitors help, and auto-configuration in order that even a amateur consumer can attach a computer to the web. geared toward approach and community directors, engineers, community designers, and IT managers, this ebook might help you realize, plan for, layout, and combine IPv6 into your present IPv4 infrastructure.
Beginning with a brief heritage of IPv6, writer Silvia Hagen offers an summary of recent performance and discusses why we want IPv6. Hagen additionally stocks exhaustive discussions of the recent IPv6 header structure and Extension Headers, IPv6 deal with and ICMPv6 message structure, protection, QoS, Mobility and, final yet no longer least, deals a brief begin advisor for various working structures. IPv6 necessities, moment version additionally covers:
* In-depth technical advisor to IPv6
* Mechanisms and Case reviews that convey the best way to combine IPv6 into your community with out interruption of IPv4 prone
* Routing protocols and top layer protocols
* defense in IPv6: thoughts and standards. contains the IPSEC framework and defense components to be had for authentication and encryption
* caliber of provider: covers the weather on hand for QoS in IPv6 and the way they are often applied
* precise dialogue of DHCPv6 and cellular IPv6
* dialogue of migration price and enterprise case
* Getting begun on assorted working platforms: sunlight Solaris, Linux, BSD, home windows XP, and Cisco routers
Whether you're able to commence enforcing IPv6 at the present time or are making plans your procedure for the long run, IPv6 necessities, moment variation will give you the strong starting place you must get started.
"Silvia's examine IPv6 is usually fresh as she interprets complicated know-how positive factors into enterprise drivers and actual end-user advantages to allow development new company innovations in line with finish to finish types. " Latif Ladid, President IPv6 discussion board, Chair european IPv6 activity strength
Master the Android cellular improvement platform
Build compelling Java-based cellular purposes utilizing the Android SDK and the Eclipse open-source software program improvement platform. Android: A Programmer's advisor exhibits you, step by step, how one can obtain and arrange the entire beneficial instruments, construct and music dynamic Android courses, and debug your effects. detect the right way to offer net and chat services, have interaction with the telephone dialer and GPS units, and entry the most recent Google companies. You'll additionally find out how to create customized content material companies and database-enable your purposes utilizing SQLite.
* set up and configure Java, Eclipse, and Android plugin
* Create Android tasks from the Eclipse UI or command line
* combine websites, photos, galleries, and sounds
* set up menus, growth bars, and auto-complete functions
* set off activities utilizing Android Intents, Filters, and Receivers
* enforce GPS, Google Maps, Google Earth, and GTalk
* construct interactive SQLite databases, calendars, and notepads
* try out purposes utilizing the Android Emulator and Debug Bridge
This publication constitutes the complaints of the sixth foreign convention on allotted Computing and net expertise, ICDCIT 2010, held in Bhubaneswar, India, in February 2010. The 26 papers provided includes 12 lengthy papers, nine brief papers and five prolonged abstracts. They have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from ninety one submissions.
This ebook constitutes the refereed complaints of the foreign convention on structure of Computing structures, ARCS 2002, held in Karlsruhe, Germany, in April 2002. The 18 revised complete papers awarded have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from forty two submissions. The papers are prepared in topical sections on context-aware platforms, procedure points, networking, processor structure, and middleware and verification.
- Computing and Combinatorics: 19th International Conference, COCOON 2013, Hangzhou, China, June 21-23, 2013. Proceedings
- Eco-friendly Computing and Communication Systems: International Conference, ICECCS 2012, Kochi, India, August 9-11, 2012. Proceedings
- Ubiquitous Computing for Microbial Forensics and Bioterrorism
- Learning Mobile App Development: A Hands-on Guide to Building Apps with iOS and Android
Additional info for 10 PRINT CHR$(205.5+RND(1)); : GOTO 10
Maintaining an infrastructure to carry this out in a secure environment with specified uptime for the consumer is a critical aspect. Many consumers may have valuable organizational data stored in the cloud and some of this information may be proprietary and business-sensitive; therefore a secure environment is paramount. The following six subsections describe several important characteristics of SaaS offerings: Abstract Interaction Dynamics; Software Stack and Provider/Consumer Scopes of Control; Benefits; Issues and Concerns; Candidate Application Classes; and Recommendations.
Figure 12: SaaS Isolation vs. Efficiency Favoring Efficiency Figure 12 depicts a more efficient approach. In this approach, the provider reengineers the SaaS application to concurrently serve multiple clients and to save the data in a combined database. The separation between client processing and data in the approach shown in Figure 12 depends on careful engineering of the application since the application may be processing data belonging to multiple clients at a single time. Additionally, the application must manage scheduling issues to prevent the innocent or malevolent actions of one client from degrading the performance experienced by another.
1. Organizations providing their members or employees with access to typical software applications such as office productivity or email. 2. End users who directly use software applications, whether on their own behalf or that of their organization. 3. Software application administrators who configure an application for end users. What does a consumer get? The right to use specific applications on demand, and application data management, such as backup and data sharing between consumers. How are usage fees calculated?